OVARC Fox Hunt
March 5, 2017 @ 1000am
OVARC is having a foxhunt on March 5. Walt, AL7KE, is the hunt leader. The hunt will start from the OVPD EOC parking lot at Oro Valley Marketplace. The OVARC repeater system will be used for coordination.
- The Fox frequency is 146.565
- Fox will transmit for at least 1 minute out of every 3 (automated fox may vary)
- There will be two types of winners, one for Doppler, one for other DF methods
- Winners may be acknowledged at an OVARC club meeting, no prize except public adulation
- Fox must remain stationary for entire event
- Fox must be in a public area and visible from outside (not in a building)
- Fox must be in an area without access controls (fee or gate)
- Fox transmit power must be at least .5 watt, fox may not vary the power
- Fox may not be more than 300 feet from a public road or parking lot
- Trackers must report a starting odometer reading.
- Whoever finds the fox in the fewest miles is the winner. Doppler users can be co-winners
- Fox hunts will be conducted on the 2 meter Band.
- The Fox may or may not transmit on a repeater to allow hunters to verify the Fox is out there.
- The Fox hunt organizer is authorized to limit the geographical area of the Fox, e.g. Oro Valley city limits etc.