Monthly Raffle - February 2022
OVARC conducted its next "online raffle" on Friday, February 18, 2022. An electronic process has been created that allows the purchase of raffle tickets on-line, and a separate "randomization program" selected a winner. Obviously, the more electronic tickets you buy, the better your chances of winning. To purchase raffle tickets, please select the number of tickets you wish to purchase (3 for $5, 15 for $20, or $40 for 40 tickets) from the pop-up below, then click on "Buy Now" to complete your purchase. Once you have completed your purchase, you will be entered into the electronic system for the number of tickets you purchased. The electronic system will pick a winner at random from those entered to win.
The winner of the January Monthly Raffle was Carl, KB7AZ.
Carl has selected the MFJ Dual-Zone Clock.
February 2022 Raffle Prize:
Yaesu FTM-7250DR 50W C4FM/FM, VHF/UHF Dual-Band Digital Mobile Transceiver
Yaesu FTM-7250DR 50W C4FM/FM 144/430MHz Dual-Band Digital Mobile Transceiver
incorporate the latest advanced features offered for System Fusion II. You can expect this attractive transceiver to provide reliable communications and long-lasting performance. The FTM-7250DR is built into a heavy-duty heat sink equipped with the Yaesu exclusive FACC (Funnel Air-Convection Conductor - Wind Tunnel). Its front speaker delivers 3W of powerful clear and crisp audio, ensuring consistent communications, even in noisy environments.
Exciting features of the FTM-7250DR include Expanded Wide Receive Coverage from 108 – 579.995 MHz including 108 – 137 MHz Air Band (AM only) and a large multi-color LED indicator to show the operational mode at glance. As with other YAESU C4FM Transceivers, the FTM-7250DR supports the Automatic Mode Select (AMS) function, Digital Group ID (DG-ID)/ Digital Personal ID (DP-ID) features for group communications and easy connectivity to the WiRES-X Internet Linking System.
The FTM-7250DR is built to be a rugged Dual Band 50W Transceiver with a robust set of features that meets the operational preferences and requirements of active Amateur Radio operators. Attractively priced and compact, the FTM-7250DR is an ideal transceiver for your VHF/UHF FM/C4FM System Fusion II capable station, mobile or base.
Yaesu FTM-7250DR Features:
- System Fusion-II Compatible
- Operates Advanced C4FM Digital and Conventional FM modes
- AMS (Automatic Mode Select) function automatically recognizes the signal as C4FM digital or conventional FM
- Sophisticated Digital-Group-ID (DG-ID) Operation
- Digital-Group-ID (DG-ID) Memory: Up to 10 pairs with alpha-numeric tags
- True 50 Watts (VHF and UHF) Stable High-Power Transmitter with FACC: Funnel Air-Convection Conductor (Wind Tunnel)
- High Stability ±2.5 ppm TCXO Included
- 3W Powerful & Clear Audio with Front Speaker
- AMS with Multi-colored large LED Mode-Indicator Effortless FM and C4FM Operation
- 225 Memory Channels with Alpha-numeric tags (maximum 8 characters)
- Wideband Receive for 108MHz - 579.995MHz (108 - 137MHz: AM Air Band)
- Weather Broadcast Reception
- Severe Weather Alert Feature
- Easily connect with the WIRES-X linking system (Does not support operation of WIRES-X Node Station)
- Keyboard entry of operating frequencies from the microphone
- CTCSS and DCS Encode/Decode, with split Tone
- Versatile VFO scan, Preferential Memory scan, Programmable memory scan and Dual watch
-DTMF Microphone MH-48A6JA
-Mobile Mounting Bracket
-DC Power Cable w/Fuse
RX- 108 - 579.995MHz (108 – 137 MHz: AM Air Band)
TX- 144 - 148 MHz, 430 - 450 MHz (amateur bands only)
Circuit Type: Double-Conversion Superheterodyne
Modulation Type: F2D, F3D, F7W
RF Power Output: High 50W/ Mid 25W/Low 5W
Memory Channels: 225
Case Size (W x H x D): 6.1 in. x 1.7 in. x 5.7 in. (155 x 42 x 145.5mm) w/o Knob and Fan
Weight (Approx.): 2.86 lbs. (1.3kg)